Re: Maria M. video

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 21:16:50 -0700

Mcracker wrote:

> In a message dated 11/7/99 10:16:06 PM Central Standard Time,
> rayleal writes:
>
> << Boring? Really? I really like it, and my middle school kids do, too.
> >>
> I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. I love this video and so do most of the
> students in 3rd grade through college that I've shown it to. <snip> I bet i"ve
> shown it 40 times and I still watch the whole thing each showing.

You can include my students and me, too. I show it to my HS 3D
class every semester, and they actually watch it. They don't
mind the pace, but I do remind them that at the time the video
was made, Maria had been doing this over 60 years--she makes
rolling those coils in mid-air look sooo-oooo easy!

I never tire of the video, either.

Maggie