Re: (no subject)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 22:14:00 -0600

Marcia,
You are not alone.

The Maria video is slow paced as it should be. She held great respect
for our Mother Earth that gave her the clay. When you dig, sift and mix
your own clay you begin to understand why the pace is different from
our modern world. When you watch the video with Barbara you learn
that the metal plates Maria places around the pots are steel cafeteria
trays from a movie canteen which was set up at the pueblo to film
Maria many years ago. Barbara brought some to Lawrence with her for our
workshop. And yes we made our brushes from a yucca leaf with our
teeth. Barbara and her husband brought cow patties and powered
horse dung from New Mexico too. Seems as if it stays too soggy in
humid Kansas. Boring, not at all, just a fantastic look a art made from
the heart with lots of soul. Yes time is a key ingredient, something we
don't really appreciate today. Except to complain that we don't have
enough of it.
I'm ready to watch it again, Woody in KC
but longing for New Mexico

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                         click on wduncan