FW: help for a sub

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rebecca Gartley (gartley)
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 21:53:35 -0500

----------
From: "Rebecca Gartley" <gartley>
To: artsednet
Subject: substitute questions
Date: Sun, Nov 7, 1999, 9:22 PM

I am a recently certified art teacher in PA. While I wait for a full time
job, I am a sub. I sub everyday in a local school district for any subject
K-12, but mostly secondary. I am interested to hear from those of you who
have subbed before. I would like to develop some art lessons that I could
always have with me. Too many times the regular teacher does not leave
enough work. Sometimes, I do not have the background to teach the subject
properly. It would be great to have a "bag of tricks" that I can use to keep
the students engaged. I am worried that I will lose my edge as an art
teacher by the time I get work.