Re: Signatures

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kelly Hankamer (053.kchankamer)
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 10:52:35 -0600

--------------7C3F125A8C38505D714624AD

I am not sure as to what expectations should be expected, but I can tell
you this, I have my students write their name on the back of the
pictures. When I was in undergraduate working on my BFA in painting, my
professors would not allow us to sign any of our paintings because they
said it distracted from the work. Only when we are to sell it or become
famous would be be allowed to add our name.
I believe in some galleries there is no name, because it will be added
to the plate beside the work. But I always put my name large on the
back.
Kelly in Texas