Re: Signatures

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 11:04:44 -0500

Art Studios of the Coeur d'Alenes wrote:

> <They said signatures distract from the artwork Sign the
> paintings!! Your name and copyright notice, as well as any award
> designation (AWS, NWS, etc) are a part of the artwork. <It is
> currently fashionable not to sign your work.

Who's the poor soul that's written this? Whoever you are, listen to
the gal who types in blue--don't be browbeaten by what's in style
today--it'll be out of style tomorrow! Think to yourself: Am I strong
enough to put my name on my work? Or should I leave it off in case no
one likes it? (That's just a joke, relax).

On a personal note--I love signing my name to my work--I like the way it
looks! And all my relatives--those who are gone, as well as those who
are alive today, take great pride in seeing *their* surname up there
to---so, we're all happy!

Best wishes,
Joseph