Fwd: (no subject)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Riaugus
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 18:28:33 EST

--part1_0.98d24bc0.25576521_boundary

From: Riaugus
Full-name: Riaugus
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 12:29:56 EST
Subject: (no subject)
To: artsednet.edu

hello again.
My art 2/3 (basic and Art 1 come B4 ART 2/3) ARE REALLY THROWING CRAP
TOGETHER!!! I am in need of a lesson which will not look like I am
backtracking....but that is exactly what I have to do.
I am a new teacher (first year at that) at this school. They were able to
have too much freedom in the past, lessons written on the board, due in 2
weeks without any emphasis on technique, art history or processes.

I told them at the beginning of the year about a mural that we will be doing
in the hall. (I thought they were my advanced classs....NOT SO) Now I am
terrified to have them paint the walls, slopping work together without any
intent....I have tried having them write artist statements and written
critiques, but still pulling my hair out.

Can anyone suggest a lesson which will emphasize the eloements....thought
about having them draw a simple object 6 different ways, emphasizing each
drawing of the object with a different element....sound OK?
Any ideas will be helpful. What have you done with your advanced classes?
So far we have studied:
1.Romare Bearden/ personal collages(this helped in getting to know the kids)
2.Popcorn value drawings/popcorn with imagination (like looking at the clouds
only looking at their popcorn and turning it into something else)
3.Music Interpretations/Inner Selves/ Mixed media (portraits)
4.Impressionism/Oil Pastels
I have been having trouble with this class, following a curriculum or a
sequence.....If anyone can list what they have done with their advanced
classes I would be very grateful!
Riaugus

--part1_0.98d24bc0.25576521_boundary--