Fwd: HS kids/not taking art seriously

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Riaugus
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 18:27:59 EST

--part1_0.79bce753.255764ff_boundary

From: Riaugus
Full-name: Riaugus
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 15:28:28 EST
Subject: HS kids/not taking art seriously
To: artsednet.edu

Hello again. I hope this message does not repeat, sent one out already and
it did not post.

My advanced kids lack the knowledge in the elements/principles area. They
quickly slop projects together, say "I like it that way" and want to know
what project is next. (I am the new HS art teacher at this school, in the
past they have been allowed to sit in class and not work, but they HAD to
have their work in by the due date.)

I need to start at the beginning with them, but I don't know where to begin.
Some of the kids take art seriously, most don't in this class. They want to
do WHAT they want to do, but they do not have the technique or processes down
yet.
PLEASE HELP>>>>
What lessons have you done this year (that might be suitable for my seniors)
They have been allowed to do what they want for way too long. I would like
to incorporate a little art history with basic elements/principles of design.

Can anyone add to this lesson:
Take an ordinary simple object. Draw it 6 ways. Each drawing should
emphasize an element of design. Any way to incorporate art history?
Thanks!!!
Riaugus

--part1_0.79bce753.255764ff_boundary--

  • Reply: Maggie White: "Re: Fwd: HS kids/not taking art seriously"