Re: artsednet digest: November 06, 1999

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
BILL QUICK (quick.us)
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 14:11:04 -0800

Larry,
I've been an art teacher for the past 22 years in middle school and did some
teaching at the high school. My thought was that the general public,
parents, at shows like this need to connect with the art work. Especially
if is not their child's work. I would invite some students that night and
have them talk about their work as people strolled by. Getting insight like
this might stir up more interest in the students work. If the students
could not be there, then video the students in class from time to time and
show the video at the exhibit and have the originals on display that night
too. Just a thought.

Bill Quick