Re: is black and white mixed a shade or tint?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
LM Paris (paris)
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 14:38:00 -0400

I am confused about this. My understanding was that all primary colors mixed
together made a neutral. For example, brown. Or green with a bit of red makes
an "army green" or "neutral green". Is this correct or incorrect?

If it is correct, is gray also a neutral? If it is incorrect what do you call
the resulting color when all three primaries are mixed?

Thanks,
LM

Wizzlewolf wrote:

> She asked what a black and white mixture (gray) is called.
> Black + White is a "neutral".

  • Reply: Wizzlewolf: "Re: Re: is black and white mixed a shade or tint?"