Re: Working within the Getty rules

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 07:40:10 -0700

MRJWITZ wrote:

> I am confused. I keep getting this message...to unsubscribe...what does this
> mean....I must have missed something. How can we just have what we have been
> having...it has been greeat?

I think you're referring to the reminder at the bottom of the
messages you receive, aren't you? I'm sure it's just a reminder
for those times you go on vacation and don't want all the
messages pile up. Don't you see an awful lot of people trying to
unsubscribe via the list? They couldn't bother referring to the
Welcome letter Getty always sends when you subscribe, to learn
how to unsubscribe correctly. Sounds like Getty is trying to
make things a little easier for us.

Personally, I think for a creative bunch of people, a lot of you
are demonstrating a surprising lack of flexibility and a
strenuous resistance to change. Why not live with the changes
for a while and then decide if they're really worth whining
about?

Maggie