Dana - about the history of DBAE

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Sat, 06 Nov 1999 17:56:35 -0600

Your best reference for the history of DBAE is Volume 21 .
Number 2 .
Summer 1987
of The Journal of Aesthetic Education. The section titled
Discipline-based Art Education:
Becoming Students of Art by Gilbert A Clark, Michael D Day, and W Dwaine
Greer is the best
place to start reading (pages 129-193).
I hope that helps, Woody in KC

Dana, I sent this once before but it was returned because I had too many (22)
lines of the original message. So I went in and deleted the blank lines.
I'm sorry because some of you think I'm "bitching" or nitpicking, but
counting of fence posts has me bewildered. I tell my students that I read
about what Native-Americans said about the early european settlers moving
west. Each author said the same thing, "white men count everything",
nuff said.

Dana Woolman wrote:
> Hi folks!
> Just a few questions that I have to ask for a grad paper I'm currently
> writing.
> When was the DBAE model for teaching art created?
> Who created it? Was it Eisner? Or a collaboration of many?
> List some strenghts and weaknesses of DBAE.
> Any response is greatly appreciated.

> Dana in Michigan

                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                         click on wduncan
You are welcome to visit my Web Site at
the new URL for school is

  • Reply: Dana Woolman: "Re: Dana - about the history of DBAE"