Re: Fine Arts Night

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Sat, 06 Nov 1999 06:22:59 -0600

Larry, Thank you for your comments about: Art, Success and Money.
A friend of mine ends his e-mails with a great quote,
"Work like you don't need the money . . . . Love like you've never been
hurt . . .
Dance like nobody's watching . . . . You can't always get what you want
. .
But you always get what you need." . . . The Rolling Stones
I tell my students that Artists do what they do for the "Soul and the Heart."
Woody in KC
PS: I carefully edited the original post so as not to exceed the Getty
limit of 10 lines.

Larry Seiler wrote:

> I have stood as a visiting artist before many art students of numerous
> schools, and always they are most interested to know how much money I have
> made. I have poured my soul in the passion of the smell and feel of paint,
> of the effect of color, and all kids want to know is how much money I have
> made. I have riches they simply do not understand and therefore cannot
> value.

the new URL for school is
                                        to contact me via E-mail
                         click on wduncan