Re: totem poles

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 21:01:11 -0700

Rick wrote:

> I asked ERIC about info. for totems, about how long does it take them to
> respond? Anybody know where I can get info on totem poles?

I just received a catalog from Hacker Art Books with a book some
of you might be interested (and on sale, too): _Carving a Totem
Pole_. The description reads: "An illustrated explanation for
younger readers of work in the carving shed where Norman Tait,
the Nisga'a artist carves and raises a modern totem pole. The
author presents a short history of the carving tradition, the
selection and painstaking preparation of the tree, the drawing
and carving of the design, and its final positioning. A moving
glimpse into a centuries-old tradition. 10x9 1/2, 32 pages, many
illus." $5.95

Their e-mail address is: hackerartbooks. They have
a Web site: www.hackerartbooks.com

Maggie