Re: I'm confused about the changes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 17:40:05 -0700

Woody Duncan wrote:

> <snip> If anybody out there replies
> to this message be careful it contains more than 20 lines, so edit
> something before you hit send.

I, for one, am really GLAD that we are limited in the number of
lines we can quote. I have seen 'way too many replies, and
replies to replies, where the sender thoughtlessly hits the Reply
button and doesn't bother editing out the less pertinent
statements. Two or three whole messages get re-posted in
addition to the reply. Some judicious editing makes it much
simpler to read once it's on the list, and doesn't take so long
to load. I've also seen--and I know the rest of you have,
too--Digest people who simply send the entire text of the Digest
when they reply. Whenever I see the whole Digest quoted, I
delete it immediately without trying to wade through it to find
the reply.

Editing is not hard!

Maggie