RE: Teaching marker rendering

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Eliza Jones (ejones)
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:23:00 -0500

This sounds very interesting. I teach middle school students who really like
using markers and are somewhat obsessed with making things look 3d. I'd like
to bring more of this into my curriculum. Would be interested in testing
what you come up with.
Eliza in Boston

-----Original Message-----
From: k.herd [SMTP:k.herd]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 1999 4:21 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Teaching marker rendering

I'm a designer working in the UK and I've been doing some teaching
on a
design degree within a Univesity.
A particular interest of mine is teaching people of all ages the
basics of
marker rendering. It's an effective way to produce stunning
illustrations
relatively quickly and simply. I realise this may be more
appropriate to
people teaching Design and Technology rather than art, but I
recognise the
overlap between the subjects.

I'm beginning to put together a teaching aid and would be interesed
in
peoples thoughts. Is this something happenening within your schools
and
colleges or is it something that could be introduced? To what extent
are
children taught about drawing forms ie. use of shading to make
objects
appear 3D.

Would anyone be interested in testing parts once it has been
developed?

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: ejones
leave-artsednet-4261K