Re: HS clean-up time

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (litesal)
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 19:53:10 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Larry Seiler <lseiler@ez-net.com>
To: <artsednet.edu>
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 1999 9:01 PM
Subject: HS clean-up time

Larry Seiler wrote (snippets):

is start at one end of a row of the seating chart
. . ., and each day the next student is the
> "cleaning supervisor." . . . They oversee students taking
> paint... If this mess is not taken care
> of...then ultimately, they will have to clean it themselves.
>
> They are responsible for keeping the sink clean, things put back in neat
> order...etc; They also keep an eye on the clock, remind certain groups to
> start clean-up first....then the next, and finally the last.

Dear Colleagues,

I love Larry's idea for making a student the "cleaning supervisor."
However, since I teach elementary,
and I only see students once a week for 40 min., I would not have the
student use all his/her class
time for this task. The reason I'm writing, though, is I'd like to know if
any of you have ideas for what
to give students to reward them if they do their job really well.
Unfortunately, students seem to work a
bit harder for extrinsic rewards at this age. I'd like to think of
something free that is not time consuming.

Thanks in advance, Leah