Re: IEPs

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ricki fromkin (fromkinr)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 19:28:30 -0500

Christine Colera wrote:

> Help everyone - oh you wize teachers - what is a student who has IEP. I'm taking a reading methods class and I am so overwhelmed with Abbreviations and Initials I can't remember what's what anymore - can someone help me - I'm sure I'll know what it means as soon as I know what the initials stand for. I'm designing a lesson for 28 kids and four of them have IEP's.
> Thanks everyone for all your pearls of wisdom.
> Tina in San Diego
> First Sem Student Teacher
>
> HotBot - Search smarter.
> http://www.hotbot.com

I believe IEP stands for Individual Education Plan, and is uded for what
we call Classified students. Classified can mean a number of thing, but
overall these students have some sort of learning impairment. I have
about 10 classified students in all, and their disabilities range from
hearing impaired, tourettes syndrome, thyroid problems that have
impaired their brain learning process, to some who have perception
problems.

Hope this helps.
Ricki