Re: the art ed discussion and the sharing room

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
The Austin's (whest177)
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:32:24 -0600

I'm not going to get in on the art ed discussion other than to say that some
people have the knack for teaching, others don't, and no amount of training
will help. You either have it in you or you don't. If you have the knack,
then training and experience will make you a better educator. We have an
excellent math teacher at our school - but no people skills, and it shows in
his presentations. 'Nough said from me.
I currently share my middle/high school art room (which I've had for 5
years) with the middle school science teacher, who happens to be my cousin's
fiance. At first I hated it, but have discovered it's not so bad. I am more
organized, and I am learning some fascinating things during my plan time.
Plus, the district will do things for the science dept. that they never seem
to have the funds for the art dept. (like I now have hot water, and they
removed two center islands that took all my floor space and made it
impossible for me to see all students at all times). I can't believe anyone
would have to share a CART! I couldn't handle that - my elementary cart is
always overflowing as it is. My administrator finally got me a storage
cabinet this year, and I have selfishly removed everything that anyone else
has tried to store in it.
Michal