Re: research

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Inland Lakes Schools (acarolan.us)
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 16:11:50 +0000

Thanks for asking. My pet peeve is how students are pulled out every day to
finish tests, "catch up on work" in other classes (like art is totally
unimportant), do decorations for the Halloween dance, go to student council
meetings, see the counselor (that doesn't bother me as long as she pulls kids
out of other classes also). Oh, this week I finally asked the principal to
announce to the teachers that they can't interrupt my classes by sending 3-4
kids at a time into my room for a piece of paper, a scissors, poster boards
and the rolls of paper that have never been stored in my room and have ALWAYS
BEEN in he office. DUHHHH. Then of course I am the only teacher in our
district who doesn't have a room assigned for art. Elem. and HS have state of
the art equipment but Middle School Art doesn't even rate a room with a sink.
I have fought for years to no avail.

Want more? Just ask. Thanks again for asking.
Ann Carolan