Re: inclusion to what point...?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 07:29:47 -0600

--------------0A41BE98D500A9A6821FC1CA

Your message did get through the first time, the bounce back was probably from
someone who did not sign off the list properly. Generally I think inclussion is
great for the majority of students. But it has to be the least restrictive, most
appropriate placement for the child, and the parent of a medically fragile child
should have final say about the most appropriate placement. I can't believe your
school district is suing a parent, who is trying to protect the health of her
child. Another consideration has to be the safety of other students. If an
emotionally disturbed child is a credible threat (ie assults or threatens to
assult other students) to other students, that child should be removed.
Kimberly Herbert

--
"A room without books is like a body without a soul" - Cicero
Page me through ICQ http://wwp.icq.com/28986800 - Home

--------------0A41BE98D500A9A6821FC1CA Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> Your message did get through the first time, the bounce back was probably from someone who did not sign off the list properly. Generally I think inclussion is great for the majority of students. But it has to be the least restrictive, most appropriate placement for the child, and the parent of a medically fragile child should have final say about the most appropriate placement. I can't believe your school district is suing a parent, who is trying to protect the health of her child. Another consideration has to be the safety of other students. If an emotionally disturbed child is a credible threat (ie assults or threatens to assult other students) to other students, that child should be removed.
Kimberly Herbert