Art room tables and chairs

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharon Heneborn (heneborn)
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 07:08:51 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3024371332_140338579_MIME_Part

I posted this suggestion over a year ago. My supervisor saw the tennis
balls and took the idea to the nursing home where his mother lives.
Now all the nursing homes in the area have balls on the walkers. It
is amazing how much quieter the classroom is with those balls. The
traction of the balls prevents the stools from sliding out from under
the wiggley artists. It is one of those ideas you wish you had thought
of years before to save some wear and tear on your nerves. My
students need to put the stools/chairs on the table top at the end of
the day. The noise level is so much less and the stools don't slip
back and wipe out the students. I have had chairs and stools. Prefer
stools in a crowded room. Those artists who prefer to stand are not
encumbered with a chair. We never have art periods long enough to get
tired on a stool. I wish!
Sharon, NJ

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:33:52 EDT
From: Moonbeargj
Subject: Re: art room tables and chairs/stools

I like stools also. But they can make a terrible racket when moved
across
the linoleum floor. My husband has drilled a hole in enough tennis
balls to
go on the legs of all 30 stools. The difference is unbelievable. The
children love it and it has changed my life.....the room is much
quieter!
Think I heard about the idea first on this list serve some time ago
but was
reminded of it recently when I saw a nursing home resident with them
on the
legs of her walker.

--MS_Mac_OE_3024371332_140338579_MIME_Part

Art room tables and chairs I posted this suggestion over a year ago. My supervisor saw the tennis = balls and took the idea to the nursing home where his mother lives.  No= w all the nursing homes in the area have balls on the walkers.  It is a= mazing how much quieter the classroom is with those balls. The traction of t= he balls prevents the stools from sliding out from under the wiggley artists= . It is one of those ideas you wish you had thought of years before to save = some wear and tear on your nerves.  My students need to put the stools/= chairs on the table top at the end of the day.  The noise level is so m= uch less and the stools don't slip back and wipe out the students.  I h= ave had chairs and stools.  Prefer stools in a crowded room.  Thos= e artists who prefer to stand are not encumbered with a chair.  We neve= r have art periods long enough to get tired on a stool.  I wish!  =
Sharon, NJ

I like stools also.  But they can make a terrible racket when moved ac= ross
the linoleum floor.  My husband has drilled a hole in enough tennis ba= lls to
go on the legs of all 30 stools.  The difference is unbelievable. &nbs= p;The
children love it and it has changed my life.....the room is much quieter! &= nbsp;