1) Who teaches art in your district at the elementary level?
Elementary Classroom teachers vs. Certified art specialists?
2) If your district uses elementary classroom teachers -- Describe
the preservice training required in the elementary ed. programs at
your local University. Required classes and credit hours.
3) On the elementary level how many times and for how long each
time each week will the art teacher see the students?
4) On the secondary level -- what are the visual arts requirements
from the state for high school graduation?
5) Does the state core curriculum provide by your State Office of
Education reflect the National Standards for the Arts? Does it
include components of aesthetics, critism, art history, and
6) Did your preservice training include aesthetics, critism, art
history, as well as studio classes? How many credit hours of each?
How long ago did you graduate? Has the Art Ed. program at your
University changed since you graduated to include components from the
7) Describe your districts inservice program for the visual arts
8) Are you a member of your state arts education association? Are you
a member of the NAEA?
9) Did your school or any of the schools in you district participate
in the NAEP assessment?
10) If you do not have a masters degree and were to return to the
University to get one, what would you hope to find in a masters
Thank you for your help ahead of time.
Payson Middle School
851 West 450 South
Payson, Utah 84651