Fixing Tables

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Claire Loughheed (ClaireLoughheed)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:33:19 -0500

With tables that have become badly pitted or have a lot of build up, my
suggestion rather than getting into laminates would be sand everything down
and cut a sheet of masonite to fit. Glue it and secure with wood screws.
The smoothness of masonite makes it a good surface for drawing and is a lot
less fussy than some laminates (and easier for most DIY carpenters who might
be cajoled into helping with this).