Re:Friendly Loom

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
menichino (menichino)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 16:36:16 -0500

Hi Mary-Pat,
Friendly Loom is the brand name -- I think I got it from Nasco years ago --
it's a wood frame, probably 2 1/2 ft x 4 ft that has pegs running the
length of the top and bottom sections to which you can attach warp. The
kids can work on it from both sides because it stands on legs up about 2
ft. from the floor. Some kids really enjoy the slow progress and
repetitive skills needed (I remember one rather rambunctious 4th grader who
really worked on it quite a bit.) But even when a small area is warped --
maybe 2 or 3 inches wide, it takes a long time to weave the 2 1/2 ft piece,
even using heavy yarn, and most kids lose interest. So, any ideas???
Liz in rural NY
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone -- we can add this listserve to things we
are thankful for!