Re: glue clogged up? A solution?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 20:46:31 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: gregjuli <gregjuli>
To: menichino <menichino>
Cc: dwwebb <dwwebb>; MarshArt
<MarshArt>; GBWOLF <GBWOLF>;
artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 1998 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: glue clogged up? A solution?

Regarding glue use...

I teach students to use "little dots" of glue spaced out over the whole back
of whatever paper they are gluing. If constantly reinforced from k up, the
concept usually sinks in.

I also intruduce, "glue use," beginning each year of every grade. I pull
the orange Elmer's cap off and explain/demonstrate exactly how the cap
works, why you must close it, why you must not alter the size of the whole
on top of the orange top. I demonstrate how to close and then wipe the cap
with two fingers (then rub off). I also discuss proper ways of unclogging,
when in doubt, ASK ME! The glue caps last much longer due to this lecture.
If someone constantly violates glue use guidelines, they must use (baby)
paste!

Sincerely, Leah