Re: requirements for an art teacher

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
jayna ledbetter (jl15452)
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:08:46 -0500 (EST)

What do you mean not be an actual active artist? Just because you
don't produce any visual ART does that mean you are not an actual artist,
or you are not active? I believe that every time you write a lesson, or
teach it, or modify it, whatever- you are still thinking with an artist's
brain... you don't change into a different person because you are a
teacher. I don't intend to sound derogatory, I just do not understand how
when you are an art teacher, you can actually separate the two [teacher
and artist]. I would imagine that you are thinking like an artist and a
teacher simultaneously- you just don't have the time to create literal
works of art.
Jayna Ledbetter