Re: In need of an idea

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
anne roberts (aroberts)
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 16:27:02 -0500

--------------7F86AF729145988031489115

Another great artist who painted fabulous skies and turbulent weather is
Charles Burchfield. He also painted "sounds" of insects in his skies, which
is a pretty abstract concept. Paintings that include these sounds are:
Summer Afternoon, The Moth and the Thunderclap, Summer Solstice and Cricket
Chorus in the Arbor. He also did a very creative thing, he painted all the
seasons at once in one painting in The Four Seasons. Burchfield did many
winter scenes too since he lived in Buffalo, NY. I hope this inspires you.
It has me.