Re: the web of life

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lr23961
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 18:01:26 -0500 (EST)

Jennifer, you may have already heard this, but a great artist to research
is John Biggers. He is a contemporary, African-American artist whose work
deals with this theme. His work is beautiful, and also discusses many
relevant issues--the interconnectedness of living things, the middle
passage, role of religion in tradition, just to name a few. Also, his work
would be great to discuss with children.
Laura Romer