Re: December

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 14:30:24 -0500

Hi Gail. Well I think of Snow!! I usually do printmaking and paper
making this time of year. That way I can combine both to make a
scroll for a gift. Take a look at Hiroshige prints. Since Christians
were not dominant in Asia, it is wonderful to see and use their
seaonal pictures especially in printmaking. The snow and especially
Rain comes to mind.
They could look and interpret their own ideas in the prints they
will be doing. Some may put a cross here or their, I hope that is
allowed if they come to their own decision in doing so.
You could also do Christmas tree decorations without really making
them for the tree. In other words, making a red cardinal which could
hang on a tree etc. It's not really an ornament but whose to stop
someone from making it or using it like one.

Sandra