Re: Art Tests

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 16:30:54 -0600

Of course we want kids to have fun and be creative in art , but I agree with
Sandra, learning about the world of art is important. Sure it is fun to
play in the clay all day but what else did you learn? Assessment takes many
forms, some might be fun and some of it may be work. I would hope all of us
want kids to be life long learners. Some will continue to play in the
clay(sort of speak) long after school years and others will appreciate art
because of what they learned and memorized through testing. Please keep in
mind testing takes many forms and I think paper and pen are still one of
many suitable means of assessing.
MaryB