Re: In need of an idea

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rosa Juliusdottir (rojul)
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:52:24 -0500

Hi. I just finished a project on "light in the sky in winter". We focused
on Van Gogh´s Starry Night, kept a colour of the sky diary and visited an
art exhibition in town by an american artist from Vermont,Ken Leslie. His
works are very interesting, they are studies of time and light among other
things and they are folded books that when open up are often a circle. Then
they are a circle like a year or a person´s life. My students(9 yrs. old)
found the Ken Leslie and his exhibition very interesting. They had many
very good questions for the artist and when we came back to our school they
did wonderful pictures of the light in an icelandic winter night sky, we
have lots of northern lights these days and the other night we saw the
meteors(falling stars) very well. They also made little folding
books(accordion folds) that showed the cycle of the moon in a winter sky,
the Milky Way and many other sky things that showed time. If you want more
detail just write me.
Best regards from the far north, Rosa