Re: Elmer's glue all clogged up?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Alix E. Peshette (apeshet)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:37:49 -0800

From: GBWOLF
Date sent: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:05:16 EST
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Elmer's glue all clogged up?

Hi All,
I too, use tap-n-glue bottle lids. These are wonderful for
dispensing a very small drop of glue; great for small format collage.
I find I must teach the students (7th grade) how to use these glue
bottle lids. Inevitably someone unscrews the lid and dumps a whole
bottle of glue onto their project!

I however, have found that these things DO clog up. Before I hand
them out to the kids, I unclog all bottles using a small cheap
screwdriver to push down the inside mechanism. If I leave them
"stuck" and just suggest that students 'tap' harder to unstick them,
then more students unscrew them to get to the glue!

I consider these to be another glue dispensing mode, but I still use
the regular Elmer's glue bottles and also a green musilage roll-on
glue stick that I call green snot glue. (Hey, I've been teaching 7th
grade for over 10 years and my descriptive skills have been honed by
7th grade humor.)

Alix Peshette
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA