Fwd: Re: brown paper bags

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:13:22 EST

This was such a wonderful idea, I wanted to share with you all. Gail

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:05:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Christi Fennell <cfennell1>
Subject: Re: brown paper bags
To: Gail1611

I also use brown paper bags to simulate animal skins. I have also
used them to simulate amate bark for Amate paintings from Guerrero,
Mexico. I got the idea from the Multicultural Art Activities Kit by
Dwila Bloom. I have really enjoyed using her kit since it includes
slides and color reproductions. I also use conditioned brown paper
bags to create parfleches from the Plains Indians. I go to all of
the local grocery stores and ask them to donate 25 to 50 bags. I can
get 2 good sized pieces out of each bag. Hope this helps stretch some
budgets, it sure helps mine.
C Fennell
Calipatria High School

---Gail1611 wrote:
I also heard
> you could take brown paper bags , open them up , put in water,
crunch, take
> out and lay smoth to dry. This makes it seem like walls or animal
skins. Gail

Get your free address at