Fwd: Re: brown paper bags

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Gail1611
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:13:22 EST

--part0_911344403_boundary

This was such a wonderful idea, I wanted to share with you all. Gail

--part0_911344403_boundary

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:05:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Christi Fennell <cfennell1>
Subject: Re: brown paper bags
To: Gail1611

I also use brown paper bags to simulate animal skins. I have also
used them to simulate amate bark for Amate paintings from Guerrero,
Mexico. I got the idea from the Multicultural Art Activities Kit by
Dwila Bloom. I have really enjoyed using her kit since it includes
slides and color reproductions. I also use conditioned brown paper
bags to create parfleches from the Plains Indians. I go to all of
the local grocery stores and ask them to donate 25 to 50 bags. I can
get 2 good sized pieces out of each bag. Hope this helps stretch some
budgets, it sure helps mine.
C Fennell
Calipatria High School
California