Re: art tests

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 07:39:24 -0500

Yolanda R. Brown wrote:

> I am seeking information on how o develop an art test, and to ask for
> examples of paper and pen test that you might administer to students 10-18
> years of age.

You mean like the old US Art School Home Study Course (or something like
that) ads such as: "If you can draw this face, you too can be an
artist?" And then present a simple cartoonish profile for them to copy
and grade them on how well they can do it?

Forgive me, but an art test in this day and age seems a bit retro.

Help the individual's spirit and the mind to evolve--the training of the
hand, though unnecesary in producing meaningful art, will emerge in time
and can then be developed.

Best wishes,
Joseph