RE: Essential Teacher Tool Kit?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:46:47 -0500

What, no chocolate?

My own parking space, close to the door so that when I unload all of the
donated/purchased items out of the van... it's right there...
or a drop off area with student volunteers to carry it all to the room...

Time to go get donated/purchased items...

Sources for donated items...

Bread rack (donated by grocery store or restaurant) great shelves for
drying projects, wheels, sturdy,
Bread 'shelves' separate units that can be stacked...

Classroom set of pliers

A sink that drains

film, camera and money for processing

old towels (must remember to check the pool's lost and found at the end of
the summer...)

Styrofoam trays (large one from hospitals, ER or OR?)

Good brushes

subscription to Smithsonian...

Must have - 'PARAFILM' M... laboratory film. (American National Can,
Greenwhich CT 06836) from my school's science lab. Thin wax on a roll, cut
to size (the one I use is 2" inches wide, I cut it to 2" long)... Carefully
stretch over the container you need sealed (I use it on baby food jars with
paint... it seals until the next class)... then toss. It stretches pretty
thin.

A staff with a good sense of humor... then have a common lunch time...

And Alix - I found a source for small drawing boards/clip boards. A parent
dropped off old wallpaper books. I cut the pages out for collages, book
covers etc., and instead of throwing out the covers, I trimmed them. Good
size and very sturdy.

Ellen