Re: free art posters?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 20:38:05 -0800

Museee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to gather photographs of paintings and drawings for my Art Club
> members without spending too much money. I don't know if anything like this
> exists, but does anyone know if there are any organizations that give out
> posters or smaller pictures of artwork for educators?

Susan,

A very dear friend of mine works at a museum, whose staff receives dozens
of exhibition announcements from other museums and galleries, many of
which are like very large postcards. She periodically sends me a huge
and heavy box of these things, which have been a fantastic resource.
Some are works by famous artists, some emerging.

No, I won't give you her name or address :) but I'll bet if you check
with local galleries or museums they would love to see their mail go to a
good home and worthy cause.

Maggie