Re: Buttons?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MarshArt
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 19:54:31 EST

In a message dated 11/11/98 5:06:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, BaaaRamU
writes:

> My Kindergarten teacher has asked me if I would like to do a lesson using
> buttons to go along with letter B which they are learning next week. Any
> suggestions? I have plenty of buttons.

I had my K's do a collage- robot of squares, rectangles and circles, using
buttons too. They cut the shapes of colored paper, collaged them on a larger
piece of colored paper to resemble the form of a robot. They decided if they
wanted two or three legs, wheels, multi-arms, etc.

Then they drew keypads with marker and added other details. They used buttons
(put on with tacky glue) and silver sparkle pipe cleaners to make antenna and
other things on the body. We also used metal and plastic paper clips and
anything else that would look "robotish". They were really creative. This will
take2 classes if your time is short. You can help with the squares (they need
several sizes) by pre-cutting the strips of paper, from which they will cut
the squares.

They will enjoy it.

Marsha