Re: Line & Pattern

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
jayna ledbetter (jl15452)
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:22:38 -0500 (EST)

This sounds so much like a lesson that I did with fifth and fourth
graders. I showed them a Picasso from the blue period and other
reproductions that evoked various emotions to get them started- in the end
we ended up making "mood mosaics" using line and color. The last day we
talked about how much the students work varied, and they came to the
conclusion that it was okay to have different feelings about different
works of art-not everyone gets the same thing out of the same piece of
work. We did our mood mosaics on door hangers so we could warn or welcome
others by only using line and color! It worked really well.
-Jayna Ledbetter