Re: Egyptian art lesson

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 18:57:55 -0500

Lindsborg Arts Council wrote:

> I need an Egyptian art activity for K-4 for only
> 30 minutes. Thanks! Lori

Make scarab beetles out of clay or playdough; write magical spell for
passage to the afterlife in hieroglyphs - manila oak tag crisscrossed
with thinned gold tempera imitates papyrus and can be rolled into a
scroll (prepare ahead of time); make "foil guy" mummies - wrap in
masking tape (also cat mummies!); do movement - walk like Egyptian
people are depicted; there must be lots more but all my Egyptian books
are at school.
Linda in Michigan