Re: Art student teachers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Judy Grochowski (jfgro)
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 14:50:28 -0600 (CST)

>>From: Mcracker
>Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 13:08:04 EST
The other, more tangible thing is to make them (yes, I
>usually have to insist upon this) shadow a student for one whole day. This
>really opens their eyes to what a student's life is like outside the art room.
>In our middle school, it also allows them to see 7 different teaching styles
>and how students have to adapt during the day. They have to eat lunch with the
>kids that day and go out for recess too.

Marcia,
What an excellent idea! Can you tell a little more about how you
facilitate this? Do you ask the class ahead of time who would be willing to
be shadowed, or do you select a student due to particular reasons and ask
them individually? Can you tell MY wheels are turning?
Thanks!
Judy Grochowski
Greenfield High
Greenfield Wisc