Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1054

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Sat, 07 Nov 1998 07:31:27 -0500

MPBC90 wrote:

"goose gourds" After washing them, "experiencing"
> them and drawing them just one time, I am going to incorporate a Texture
> lesson...I am going to have students "create" the illusion of a texture on the
> surface of the gourds...with marker, paint, etc. What do you think?

Mary Pat-
I don't really know what "goose gourds" are but your decription and
texture idea made me think of the beautiful implied textures used by
Inuit artists in their prints, especially the many different birds.
Visuals of those prints might be great inspiration for your kids. I
could send you some copies if you are not familiar with them.
Linda in Michigan