Re: Teaching color theory and color drawing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Fri, 06 Nov 1998 17:26:29 -0800

Anna Savage wrote:

> I am a student teacher at Green River High School and have just been
> assigned my units for the spring. I am responsible for teaching the drawing
> class just as they are being introduced to color. Does anyone have any
> super references for me to tap??

Anna,

There is a great book called "Blue and Yellow Don't Make Green" which
explains simply why the three so-called primary colors don't really work.
It's the kind of info any of us who have painted or worked with color had
found out the hard way, but I never knew the -why- before. If you're
interested I'll get the author and ISBN# (the book's at school).

Maggie