Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1045

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 03 Nov 1998 13:39:10 -0500

Hello!!!! Finally someone who is familiar with this topic on this
list. I periodically post this question but as of yet you are the
only one who has posted. We should discuss this further and I have a
lot of web sites of this topic(or maybe one which is bookmarked in
different places. I am also on a preschool list and since we have
daycare and home daycares besides private/Christian schools and
director.teachers and assistants not everyone is familiar with it as
well.
Email me on this topic(I've only read about it and talked with a
few directors in different philosophies of teaching methods, not
actually visited or had a workshop. Reggio emilia is more than just
that for other artednetters out there it is the inclusion of society
into the school. In other words everything in a childs life that he
experiences teaches him. On the way to school what he sees hears
feels is incorporated into the lessons/life experience. Everyone is
important, the baker the grandmother who sews etc. It is very
European and native in the approach that everyone is responsible for
the raising of a child.
Sandra
actually the schools were set up after WWII and were built by hand
by the community for their children.
**Maybe if our communities built our schools by hand then we would
have more interest and respect for them.