Re: National Standards and Assessment

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Mon, 02 Nov 1998 22:12:37 -0500

Sears, Ellen wrote:

> In Kentucky, the Arts and Humanities have been assessed on the state level
> (grades 5, 8 and 11) for several years. I have a core content (based on the
> national standards) that I have to teach, a program of studies, gather
> writing samples, using open response questions...

Thanks for responding to this issue, Ellen. Michigan is obviously way
behind KY in implementing assessment in the arts. We have a governor
who, among other things, wants to "delete" the state board of
education.(But that's another story.) I'm pleased to learn that
assessment worked so well for you in the long run. I hope more
artsednetters will respond with their "state of the arts" assessment
messages.

Linda in Michigan