Re: seeing/drawing window?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Mon, 02 Nov 1998 19:51:47 -0600

HI all,
I find Marvin's letter very interesting. But it does bring up questions and
concerns. Would observational drawing take some of the joy out of early childhood
drawing? Are we to be only concerned with training little drawers? What about
just developing a healthy appreciation of art in general so they will be life long
learners? The comparison to the Suzuki violin training is interesting. But if the
window is closed early in life how do we explain the wonderful results adults get
with drawing programs such as Mona Brooks. I always tell my kids if they want to
become great drawers- practice ,practice and practice. How much they are
determined to practice seems to depend on if they have developed a love of art and
if they have a personality that perseveres.
Well, I'll be interested to hear more on this facinating topic.