Re: Pilgim lessons and Bev Doolittle

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Mon, 02 Nov 1998 16:42:49 -0500

Hey you read my mind but I had to be fingerprinted so I couldn't
keep writing
Okay so to further extend the lesson:
Ink brushstroke paintings as the scrolls in asian paintings.
Painting horses.(could even use cloth and make a painting)
The kinds of horses which were native to the land(New and old world)
and how they came to america.(Palimo,(sp)) etc.
For other kindergarten ideas think of natural resources which to use
to make pictures which were indigenous to the area and time.
i.e.-Corn which is a great texture glued to husks and matched to
numbers as in classification games. 5 kernel of corn glued to husks
match a husk with the #5 painted or glued number 5 on it.
Using a cone and making a doll from it. One being Pilgrim/one being
native(corn husk doll etc.
Cone which is glued with natural material, beans, corn, seed etc.
Sandra
Actually making paint/stains and creative pictures and cloth.
This would be true for both people(Pilgrim as well as native)
Planning out and drawing a garden which new settlers would have
done.