Re: pilgrims, k lesson

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Mon, 02 Nov 1998 05:36:36 -0800

Litesal wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> O.K. I know how some of us feel about holiday art projects, but here it
> goes....The kindergartners are studying pilgrims, and I'd like to do a
> lesson that coincides with their studies. I've racked my brains, and can't
> seem to come up with anything worthwhile. Any ideas?
>
> Sincerely, Leah

Leah,
Just some quick thoughts, off the top of my head--what kind of artforms
were created by the Pilgrims? Or what did they have available to decorate
their homes? If you can find out, you'd have a meaningful ART lesson.
Embroidery/stitchery? Well-crafted furniture (okay, a little ambitious
for k kids)? Punched tinware? Yikes, I hope they weren't so austere
that they had no art!
Sorry, I'm not too much help--I teach HS on a reservation (not the
place to appreciate the Pilgrims ;) ) Let us know what you decide.
Maggie