Re: Keeping a Clean Art Room

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 17:07:17 -0800

Respond to this message.

Deb Rosenbaum wrote:

> I've found the easiest way to keep my room clean is NOT to give students
> access to supply shelves and cabinets.
> <big snip>
> I try to include a brief lesson on the care of each type of material before
> we begin working with it--ESPECIALLY BRUSHES!!

Amen to the above. It's so much easier to get paper myself than have kids make a huge
mess in the course of ripping off a lot of paper.

With regard to brushes (and palettes and palette knives), giving the students
temporary ownership of them during our painting unit makes them take better care of
them. They must write their name, with a Sharpie pen, on a piece of masking tape
and stick it their tools. This also cuts down on theft--no one wants to clean someone
else's dirty brush!

Maggie**remove x in address to reply

Respond to this message.