Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
Keep those suggestions coming. This year I started to use color tape to
separate those brushes used for watercolor, those for acrylics, those for
oil and those in bad shape for bad jobs! it is starting to work.
We keep asking for replacement of equipment, books, slides and have slowly
started to build up our resources. One problem we have, though, has been
teachers who send students for poster board, paint, brushes and such. I
went to dept. Chairpeople this year and advised them to have those
teachers in their depts. order these items as we could not supply them to
everyone out of our budget. Once we cleared out all the ancient stuff from
BC (of which some was surprisingly still usable.) Also, i like to label
all paints (acrylic) with year and stock shelves like supermarkets with
newest in back.
I've cleaned a closet and labeled shelves for finished work by class
period. I made manila folders for evaluation sheets and students have
access to those. This has helped, but my storage space is very limited and
would like to hear any other tips.