Re: pinhole photography

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
craig roland (rol1851.EDU)
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 22:27:31 -0500

Respond to this message.

Fran wrote:

>Where do you get information on making a pinhole camera. I'm not very good
>at photography. Also, do you then develop your own film? I'd like to do
>this lesson.

Check out the Pinhole Gallery at:

http://www.pinhole.org/

and the Pinhole Online Resource at:

http://www.yatcom.com/pinhole/pinhole.html

Between these two sites, you'll find just about everything you need to know
about pinhole photography (and then some).

Like Mark, I've taught pinhole and worked with several homemade cameras
myself. My favorite is apocket camera made from a film canister. I also
have several multiple-hole cameras which produce interesting results. I've
used both paper and film negatives...and would suggest paper for ease or
use and film negatives for more "serious" work. I suggest learning/teaching
the basics of pinhole (which you can get from either of the above sites)
and then lots of experimentation....that's where some of the more
interesting results occur.

Good luck Fran....and have fun.

Craig

CRAIG ROLAND. Associate Professor-Art Education.
Department of Art, FAC 302, University of Florida, Gainesville Florida.
32611-5801. (352) 392-9165 - Art Ed Office (352) 392-8453 - Fax
http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
new email address: rolandc

Respond to this message.